Fish Roe is made from various roe (eggs), whereas Caviar is a spread or paste made from sturgeon, beluga, and other caviar-bearing fish eggs.
Fish Roe: Fish roe is made from the eggs of various fish and can be a source of healthy protein. Some common fish that provide Roe include salmon, tuna, swordfish, and halibut.
Caviar: Caviar is a spread of pastes made from the eggs of sturgeon, beluga, and other caviar-bearing fish. Caviar typically has a richer flavor than most types of fish Roe because it contains more fat (sturgeon) or oil (beluga). Caviar can also be a source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Caviar is made from sturgeon, beluga, and other caviar-bearing fish eggs. Caviar can also be a source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
What are the different types of Caviar?
Caviar is made from the eggs of sturgeon. Caviar is a delicacy that comes from the eggs of sturgeon. There are three types of Caviar: black, green, and red.
- Black Caviar is made from the eggs of the black sturgeon. These eggs are often very large and have a thick texture.
- Green Caviar is made from the eggs of the green sturgeon. These eggs are smaller than those found in black Caviar and have a more delicate flavor.
- Red Caviar is made from red sturgeon’s Roe (eggs). These eggs are the smallest and have a sweet taste that some people find overpowered by their richness.
- Fish Eggs: Male fish release sperm toward the water to fertilize female eggs. Female fish release eggs that sink to the bottom of the tank, where they are fertilized by male sperm and become new fry.
- Fish Lumps: Fish lumps look like big egg sacks without a yolk or embryo. These come from females when their monthly cycle changes and their body produces more oil to attract mates.
- Fish Babies: Baby fish are born with closed eyes and little scales. They grow rapidly while they learn to swim, eat and hide from danger. If you are buying fish eggs, get male and female varieties.
Caviar is a higher grade than fish roe. There is much confusion about Caviar, and it isn’t easy to know which type is real and which isn’t. Caviar is considered as one of the most luxurious dishes in this world. Those who have tasted the Caviar must know the reason for loving it more and more with every bite. But if you’re new to this dish, you would love to discover more about this luxurious dish. Dive into the basics and differences between regular fish roe and Caviar.