27 Feb How to Serve Smoked Salmon
Serving Smoked Salmon – Learn from the Experts!
The brilliant color of smoked salmon makes it an appealing addition to any party table. There is truly no mystery about serving smoked salmon. It comes ready to eat and works whether you are hosting a breakfast, brunch, luncheon. Probably the most daunting thing about this savory fish is deciding where to buy smoke salmon and which version of it will be the best suited to your smoke salmon recipe.
Smoked salmon comes in the following forms:
- Mackenzie Scottish Smoked Salmon is sliced skin on to near delicate thinness. The freshest salmon from the Scottish Hebrides Islands is immersed in herbs, sea salt and brown sugar.
- It is lightly smoked to achieve the perfect balance of succulence and texture to melt like butter on the tongue.
- The Royal Cut Smoked Salmon fillet is prepared with a select combination of hardwood chips.
- The uniformity of the cut that is taken from the center of the fish is known to be particularly tender.
- It is also referred to as the “Tsar’s cut” because originated from the tradition of serving this flavorful section of the smoked salmon only to the Russian Tsar’s.
- Scottish Reserve Sliced Skinless Is 2.5 pounds of skinless smoked salmon slices that has been hand cured with a blend of golden demerara sugar and natural sea salt, then delicately smoked over whiskey infused oak chips.
See below for some great Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas!
Breakfast and Brunch
- The paper-thin slices of smoked salmon are ideal when combined with creamy eggs, and a dash of lemon.
- Smoked salmon laced eggs can be piled onto crisp toast points.
- Try a colorful smoked salmon quiche. Pair the buttery flavor of smoked salmon with fun fillings such as red onions, heavy cream and crumbled Montrachet.
- Serve with either French bread for breakfast or a crispy salad and crème fraÎche at a luncheon.
Serving Smoked Salmon at Dinner Gatherings
- For a simple yet elegant appetizer; top a lightly toasted brioche round with a dollop of crème fraiche and smoked salmon of your choice.
- Royal Cut Smoked Salmon Fillet is impressive on its own or served cut into medallions.
- It can also be showcased as a grand canape or thinly sliced, topped with crème fraiche on a blini.
- Platters can be creative and colorful.
- The smoked salmon provides the tantalizing brilliance that pairs well with sliced cucumber and butter lettuce leaves.
- Find your most elegant serving tray and arrange these ingredients in concentric circles beginning with the smoked salmon, working your way in to the middle.
- Center it with a simple smoked salmon dip made with cream cheese, sour cream, softened butter, green onions, parsley, the zest and juice of one lemon, capers, and cracked black pepper.
We feature the smoked salmon and other delicacies such as specialty meats, caviar, foie gras, and truffles, as well as a variety of gourmet gift baskets that can be customized for your recipients and occasion.
At our Caviar Lover Facebook page you will find delicious caviar recipes, learn about caviar discounts as well as find serving and eating tips.