Fabulous taste and easy preparation make these the best caviar appetizers for your next gathering!
Caviar appetizers have always been served at the most exclusive affairs and glittering galas. These divine taste treats were once reserved exclusively for the most refined palates, but the modern epicurean movement has made caviar appetizers much more accessible. Gourmet chefs have developed easy to prepare caviar appetizer recipes that allow anyone to incorporate caviar into their party fare in delicious offerings that are certain to impress. To help you develop an unforgettable appetizer menu for your next entertainment, we’ve assembled some scrumptious caviar appetizers that will have your guests convinced your event was catered by the finest chefs.
Caviar and Smoked Salmon on Blinis
This simple caviar appetizer is an elegant favorite that is always a hit. Using prepared blini cuts the preparation time on this traditional recipe to just minutes.
- 24 mini French blini
- 11 ½ ounces smoked salmon
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces crème fraiche
- 3 ounces caviar
- Fresh dill, to garnish
- Wrap room temperature blinis in foil and warm on the high shelf of a 275 degrees F oven for 10 minutes
- Lightly fold the sour cream and crème fraiche to blend
- Top blinis with a delicate roll of smoked salmon, dollop of crème fraiche, and ¼ teaspoon of caviar.
- Garnish with sprig of dill
Purple Potato Chips with Crème Fraiche and Caviar
If you are looking to make a one of a kind impression, this fast, easy caviar recipe is a gourmet crowd pleaser. It pairs the traditional tastes of caviar, crème fraiche, and potato in a fun and uniquely colorful way that is certain to set any celebration apart.
- 1 medium purple potato (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups hot water
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 3 ounces caviar
- Slice potato paper-thin on a mandoline. Dissolve salt in the hot water; add potato. Soak about 20 minutes, until water cools completely.
2. Heat 2 inches of oil in large heavy-bottom pot until it reaches 350 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Drain potato slices; pat dry. Fry in batches until crispy but still purple (approx. 1 minute). Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. When cool, top each with 1/4 teaspoon crème fraiche and 1/4 teaspoon caviar. Serve immediately. (Yield: Makes 24)
Recipe courtesy Martha Stewart Weddings
Of course, a classic caviar appetizer is the iconic Caviar bar, with gleaming caviar pearls offered in crystal serving bowls, nestled on ice in a sterling silver bowl. Provide Mother of pearl spoons for serving with blinis, toast points, and crème fraiche to bring out that sensuously rich caviar taste. Surround with a tasteful selection of your choice of garnishes. Traditional parings include minced onions or chives, chopped eggs, and paper-thin cucumber slices.
You can find all the gourmet food items to complete these delectable caviar recipes when you visit our caviar online store at caviarlover.com. We feature the freshest caviar and other specialty foods such as smoked salmon, foie gras, and truffles, as well as a variety of gourmet gift baskets perfect for every occasion. You can discover more delicious caviar recipes, learn about caviar discounts, and find serving and eating tips by joining our Caviar Lover Facebook page.